I searched the internet for a recipe for a vegan Oreo Cheesecake, but couldn’t find one that I really liked. So, decided to use my basic cheesecake recipe by adding crumbled Oreo’s:
100g digestive biscuits
2 tablespoons vegan margarine, melted
1 Tub Tofutti cream cheese
400g silken tofu
Egg replacer for 2 eggs ( Orgran No Egg)
¾ cup caster sugar
1.5 teaspoons of vanilla or 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C°
- Line the bottom of a 9 inch (or similar) springform pan with baking paper and spray the sides with a touch of oil.
- In a food processor, chop 200g of the Oreo’s. Set aside.
- In a food processor, combine the rest of the Oreo’s and the biscuits. Process until fine. Add the melted butter until combined and press into the bottom of the springform pan.
- Using an electric mixer, beat your egg replacer, then add the cream cheese, silken tofu, sugar and vanilla and beat for about 2-3 minutes until smooth and combined
- Fold the chopped Oreo’s into the cream cheese mixture and then pour onto the base.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until only a slight wobble remains. Turn off oven, open the door of the oven slightly and let the cheesecake cool in there for another 10 minutes. Then remove from the oven and refrigerate for a few hours.