I waited for a very, very long time, but finally we can get vegan Tortellini in Belgium:
Creamy Tomato and Spinach Tortellini Soup
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 5 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1 package passata
- 8 ounces vegan tortellini
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 5 ounces spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup vegan cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped (optional)
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat, add the onion and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the flour and cook for another minute.
- Add the broth, tomatoes, passata and tortellini, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the tortellini is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the nutritional yeast flakes, stir, add the spinach, let it wilt, add the cream, season with salt and pepper to taste, remove from heat before adding the basil.
Adapted from this recipe.