As planned during VeganMoFo I will be blogging about Mac & Cheese on monday. But VeganMofo starts on a sunday and that’s my resting day. But hey, how could I ever not joining VeganMoFo on the first day. So here I am, already breaking my own rules and giving you my first mac post on a sunday.
This is not a classic Mac & Cheeze. Actually I veganized a recipe from a famous Belgian chef (Jeroen Meus).
Recipe for 2
- 250 g macaroni
- 125 g vegan tuna (vantastic food)
- 125 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 small (red) onion
- 1/2 garlic clove
- 30 g green olives
- 2 dl passata
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegan cream cheese (Tofutti)
- 100 g vegan mozarella (MozzaRissella)
- 1 tbsp provençal herbs
- Nutritional yeast flakes
– Bring water to a boil and cook the pasta.
– Saute the chopped onion and pressed garlic clove in olive oil
– Chop green olives and add to onion
– Cut the tuna in little pieces, add to the onion and mash the tuna using a fork.
– Add the passata and the herbs & spices. Mix everything very well.
– Add your cherry tomatoes and vegan cream cheese . Stir this and keep it simmering till your cheese is melted in the sauce.
– Stir in the cooked macaroni and cubed mozarella.
– Pour into a ovendish.
– Sprinkle the top with panko and nutrional yeast flakes.
– Put under the grill till it has a nice light brown colour.