ANOTHER DINER IS POSSIBLE
by Mike and Isy
Kind of book?
As the authors write “more than just a vegan cookbook: recipes & food for thought”. Besides recipes you can also find articles on food, nutrition, children, food, waste, home brewing, growing their own food, seasonal food (with summary table) … and cooking for a crowd. This book is more than a cookbook, a practical guide to an environmentally and animal-friendly lifestyle.
Totally DIY style.
– A whole section with unique Korean recipes
– Mostly simple dishes
– Good introduction and lots of basic recipes for vegan cooking and baking
– Little unusual ingredients
– Handy index
– Spiral bound, remains very easy to lie open on one page
– no photos
– Not anarchists might be a little discouraged
Recipes I really want to try in the future
– Bean and beer caserole with dumplings
– Bombay potatoes
– Potato flatbread
– ‘Steak’ and Ale Pie
– Vegan ‘Bounty’ Bars
This book was originally published by Active Distribution and The Anarchist Teapot (2007). A second edition, with a new cover appeared in 2009. Both covers of Hey Monkey Riot. The second edition co-published with AK Press has been corrected and updated and made American friendly with cup measurements addes.
A preview of the book can be seen here.
English, 256 p.