This is my third entry for Veganmofo 2009. And I promised you a recipe, and that is exactly what you will get.
This soup is very easy and perfectly for using all the carrots that will come your way during next fall and winter. But by adding roasted peppers to this soup, you will have a more summery feeling.
You can download this recipe for free (pdf).
– 1 kg carrots, diced
– 1 onion, diced
– 1 garlic clove, minced
– 1 potato, cubed
– 1 l vegetable broth
– 1 jar roasted red bell peppers (or better roast some fresh ones)
– 1 dl soy cream
– 1 tsp cumin powder
– salt & pepper
1. Preheat a large pan over medium heat.
2. Saute the garlic and onion in oil for a few minutes.
3. Add the carrots and potato.
4. Now add the cumin, stir everything and saute for a few minutes more.
5. Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
6. Cover your pan and let the soup simmer for half an hour.
7. When the carrots and potato are soft, add your roasted pepper.
8. Take away from the fire and let cool.
9. Blend your soup and when you reheat it stir in your soy creamer and spice it up with some salt & pepper.