As being a Belgian it took me a very long time to bake my own waffles. A few days ago I decided it had taken long enough and went to the store for a waffle machine. I think one of the reasons it had taken such a long time was that I was a little bit scared of it. I used to have a waffle addiction and I was mostly scared that vegan waffles wouldn’t turn out so well. I was also afraid it was going to be a hard time for making them. I was wrong:
They turned out very well!!!
I used a recipe that I found on a dutch/flemish anarchist-punk forum. Helas, now I can’t find it back anymore on the internet. I wrote it down on a paper so I can give it to you. If someone feels ripped of by me. Please let me know? I didn’t mean it bad and I guess you don’t mine sharing good vegan recipes for free.
The taste isn’t perfect yet. But we can work on that.
- 2.5 dl soymilk
- 20 g yeast
- 500 g flour
- 150 g soy-margarine (melted)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 100 g sugar
- Warm the soymilk and dissolve the yeast in a few tablespoons of the soymilk.
- Sift the flour and make a little hole in the middle.
- Spread some salt around the hole and pour in the yeast, melted margarine, oil, sugar and soymilk.
- Mix and knead.
- Put a wet towel on your pot. Place the dough in a warm place and lett it rise till it reachs the double of it’s size.
- Now you can bake your waffles.