This week vegetables from my subscription:
carrots, mushrooms, veldsla (lettuce), pumpkin and chicory.
Especially the last one is going to be a challenge, because me and teenage girl aren’t very found of this typical Belgian vegetable.
But I still have to show you what I did with the broccoli from last week:
|Van TofuParty – quiche and other pies|
Together with your vegetables you receive a leaflet with some interesting facts about your vegetables and with recipes. For the broccoli they recommended a broccoli quiche with feta. Of course I wanted to veganize it. And really, this is one of the best things I’ve been eating the last time.
Here we go:
- 1 pie crust
- 1 broccoli
- 1 apple
- +- 200 g cooked lentils
- salt, pepper and nutmeg
- package of silken tofu
- soy-creamer (2dl)
- oil and soy-sauce
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- And get your crust ready in your pie-ovendish.
- Shop your broccoli in little flowers and steam them for 5 min.
- Shop your apple in tiny little pieces.
- Now mix your broccoli, apple pieces and lentils together.
- Blend your tofu, soy-creamer, spices, chickpea-flour, oil and soy-sauce. It should be liquid (but it’s not a problem when it still have some lumps in it). Otherwise add some more soy-creamer. (I was lazy and didn’t use any blender of mixer, just by hand and it worked out well).
- Put your broccoli mix in your piecrust and pour over the tofu-mxture.
- Bake for more or less 35 min.