Just when I decided I was in the mood to try out the sundried-tomato pesto recipe from BBC Good food: vegetarian summer 2008, I read on Dreena’s vegan recipes blog a recipe for sundried tomato pesto with toasted almonds and pine nuts. (It’s taken from her book ‘Eat, drink and be vegan’).
What else could I do then trying to be a good DJ and make a mashup of the two recipes. So, here it goes:
– soak 20 g sundried tomatoes in hot water for 20 min.
– After this blend them in a food processor with:
– 1 or 2 garlic cloves
– a teaspoon of capers
– 1 or 2 tbs toasted pine nuts
– olive oil or some oil from the can when you use sundried tomatoes in some oil.
– the soaking water
– The amounts of the water depends how liquid you want it
– add also half a ts of agave nectar
– and some salt and pepper