I waited for a very, very long time, but finally we can get vegan Tortellini in Belgium:
Creamy Tomato and Spinach Tortellini Soup
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 5 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1 package passata
- 8 ounces vegan tortellini
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 5 ounces spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup vegan cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped (optional)
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat, add the onion and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the flour and cook for another minute.
- Add the broth, tomatoes, passata and tortellini, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the tortellini is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the nutritional yeast flakes, stir, add the spinach, let it wilt, add the cream, season with salt and pepper to taste, remove from heat before adding the basil.
Adapted from this recipe.
There was no way to resist the new thing in vegan blogland: chickpea brine as egg white.
I followed this recipe but instead of psyllium husk I used 3 tbsp grounded chia seeds.
Turning mushrooms into bacon, that’s a recipe I couldn’t resist. Normally the recipe uses shitakes, but I did it with white button mushrooms.
From Easy Vegan / Sue Quinn
I can’t count anymore how many vegan cheese sauce recipes I prepared already. Still, I keep finding new ones I really wanna try out:
Title: Cheese sauce
From: Easy Vegan
Author: Sue Quinn
Last weekend, I made a dessert in a jar for a small catering job:
I used this recipe and doubled it, so I had 12 desserts.
Making Naan was on my to-do list for a very long time. I finally managed:
Both dishes made by a recipe from The Lotus and The Artichoke
Today it’s the birthday of this blog: 7 years.
It all started because of my job; I had to try out the blogging thing. I decided to post a picture of my food. As I had noticed more people were doing this :-) . It took only one hour to receive my first comment: someone from Germany, asking me for a recipe.
After that, there was no turning back.
Red Pepper Hummus Tartlets from Vegan Finger Foods
Chloe’s “Nutella” cinnamon rolls from Chloe’s Vegan Italian Kitchen