My daughter did it again: she made a fantastic cake:
As a base she used the recipe for ‘Basic Chocolate Cake’ from Have your cake and vegan too.
Between two layers she put some Blackberry jam.
The frosting is ‘Vanilla Frosting’ from Chloe’s Vegan Desserts.
It’s the season for watercress, so you should use it to make this delicious soup:
Name: Watercress Soup
From: Puur Plantaardig
Authors: Antoinette Hertsenberg & Jacinta Bokma
Comment: serve with some toasted almonds
Yesterday, I was invited to a housewarming party. As the hostess being a vegan, I was sure there would be some delicious food waiting for me:
Easter weekend, means one extra day off, it also means more time for cooking and baking. So, I asked the daughter if she wanted something special to eat. She asked for a Rice Pudding Pie:
Made by using this recipe.
I could eat these every day:
For the crepes I used this recipe.
For the cheese I used Daiya.
Seeing the V… word more and more:
Vegan crisps from Ten Acre
Found in this mini-supermarket in Central Station Antwerp:
Vegan Shrimps at Sun Wah supermarket in Antwerp
I’m so spoiled lately. Look what the daughter now prepared for me:
From: The Vegan Zombie
Author: Chris Cooney and Jon Tedd
I keep buying vegan mock stuff, but I never know what do with it. Luckely google always comes to the rescue. I know it’s usually prepared with oranges. So I rearranged some recipes, veganized them and ended with this:
Vegan Duck in orange-cream sauce
- 3 spring onions
- 250 g mushrooms
- 1/2 package vegan duckbreast (vantastic foods)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- Juice of 2 oranges
- 1 cup vegan chicken broth
- 1/2 cup soy cream
- salt and pepper
- chop spring onions and saute in some olive oil
- Slice mushrooms in 4 parts and add to the onions
- Slice duck breast lenghtwise in 4 pieces. Add after 5 minutes to the mushrooms. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Add white wine. Saute for a few minutes.
- Add all the other liquids in order of list.
- Spice up with salt and pepper.
- Now keep on fire during 15 minutes.
Serve on top of tagliatelli.