This is a simple recipe for a stroganoff. It only takes 15 min. to prepare.
Cook the farfalle according to the package directions (250 g).
Slice 200 g mushrooms.
Dice 1 red onion and mince 2 garlic cloves.
Saute the onion and garlic in olive oil.
Add mushrooms and cook till the mushrooms are getting brown.
Add 1 tbsp smoked paprika powder, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 3 tbsp vegan sour cream and pepper. Stir and cook for a few minutes more
Stir in your farfalle.
Here’s a horay for me, because this is the first time I’ll write a recipe with american measurements.
(on the picture served with Wilmersburger vegan cheese – classic)
1,5 cup whole wheat spelt flour
2,5 cup spelt flour
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 package dried yeast
1,5 cup haselnut milk
0,5 cup haselnut in little pieces
I use my kitchenaid for this:
Throw the first 5 ingredients together, and put one 1.
Warm your almond milk (lukewarm).
Add to the dry ingredients. Put your mixer on 2.
When everything is mixed, knead for 1 minute more.
Add the haselnuts and knead again for 1 minute more.
Rise for 1 hour.
Divide in 12 pieces and shape in buns.
Rise for 1/2 hour.
Bake in 10 tot 15 minutes at 425°F (200°C).
You may have noticed, but it seems I’m messing up with VeganMofo this year. My excuses: a lot of unexpected things happening, I have more working hours then usually and then I fell sick.
But I prepared another Mac & Cheese. And it’s the favourite one of the house. Although I have to say, it’s probably also the most unhealthy and most expensive one.
Helas, I also made a very bad picture. So, I fooled around with a photo editor app. It still turns out a very bad picture:
Here’s the recipe for the ‘cheese’ sauce:
Melt 50g vegan butter. Add 50g plain flour. Stir for a minute. On a low heat (or remove from heat) beat in 600 ml soy milk (or another favorite non-dairy milk). Add the milk little by little and whisk till you get a smooth sauce. Return to a medium heat. Keep stirring till it boils and the sauce thickens.
Simmer a few minutes and add grated vegan cheddar and1 tsp mustard.
Throw in diced vegan ham.
Add pasta and put everything in a oven dish.
Cover with panko.
So the sauce is actually a basic classic bechamel-cheese sauce.
Vegan Baking Wednesday Love
I based these muffins on the recipe for Raspberry Swirl Coffee Cake from Chloe’s Vegan Desserts.
For the batter I followed her recipe but poured it in 12 muffin liners.
For the streusel is used:
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts (chopped)
- 1/2 cup brown Sugar
- 3 tbsp oil (canola)
Toss using 2 forks.
Pour on top of your batter and bake in the oven.
As planned during VeganMoFo I will be blogging about Mac & Cheese on monday. But VeganMofo starts on a sunday and that’s my resting day. But hey, how could I ever not joining VeganMoFo on the first day. So here I am, already breaking my own rules and giving you my first mac post on a sunday.
This is not a classic Mac & Cheeze. Actually I veganized a recipe from a famous Belgian chef (Jeroen Meus).
Recipe for 2
- 250 g macaroni
- 125 g vegan tuna (vantastic food)
- 125 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 small (red) onion
- 1/2 garlic clove
- 30 g green olives
- 2 dl passata
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegan cream cheese (Tofutti)
- 100 g vegan mozarella (MozzaRissella)
- 1 tbsp provençal herbs
- Nutritional yeast flakes
- Bring water to a boil and cook the pasta.
- Saute the chopped onion and pressed garlic clove in olive oil
- Chop green olives and add to onion
- Cut the tuna in little pieces, add to the onion and mash the tuna using a fork.
- Add the passata and the herbs & spices. Mix everything very well.
- Add your cherry tomatoes and vegan cream cheese . Stir this and keep it simmering till your cheese is melted in the sauce.
- Stir in the cooked macaroni and cubed mozarella.
- Pour into a ovendish.
- Sprinkle the top with panko and nutrional yeast flakes.
- Put under the grill till it has a nice light brown colour.
I wrote down this recipe a few weeks ago. Some days later my daughter wanted to prepare dinner. So I gave her this recipe. I was so curious to see how it would turn out:
Recipe for 2:
- Chop 1 small or 1/2 onion
- Put 1 1/2 cup basmati rice in your rice cooker and ad the onion
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil
- Add 1 tsp sweet paprikapowder, salt and pepper
- Add 1/2 zucchini, chopped
- Add 1 pepper, chopped
- Stir everything
- Add Vegan ‘Chicken’ , small pieces, and put on top of the rice
- Add 3 cups vegan ’chicken’ broth
- Switch your rice cooker on.
Zucchini and tomatoes are a classic combination. But it works al the time:
Boil 250 g pasta (spirelli). When the pasta is ready, stir it through with 200 g vegan cream cheese (eg Tofutti).
Slice 1 zucchini lengthwise into 4 pieces. Brush them with a marinade (eg olive oil, apple juice and Italian seasoning). Put the zucchini slices under the broiler or grill them in a pan.
Cut your zucchini slices into thin strips. And each strip into 3 pieces.
Cut the cherry tomatoes into 4 wedges. Add fresh basil plus olive oil, balsamico vinegar, pepper and salt.
Mix the pasta with the zucchini and sherry tomatoes.
What do you do when you have some lemons who are is desperate need of getting consumed? And you have this bottom of limoncello in your fridge that really needs to be finished? Well you think Whoopie Pie.
For the cookies I used the recipe from Sticky fingers’ Sweets: Strawberry Lemonade Whoopie Pies
- 6 tbsp vegan butter
- 6 ounces (180 g) vegan cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp limoncello
- 2 tot 2 3/4 cup powdered Sugar
Beat the butter, cream cheese, vanilla and limoncello until smooth.
Add the powdered Sugar and mix again until smooth.
If the filling is a little bit to soft, chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Finding out that I could prepare polenta in my rice cooker, changed my life. Now it’s so easy. And clean.
Polenta in the machine
For preparing the polenta in your rice cooker, you have to follow the instructions with your rice cooker.
When it’s cooked, spread out in pan and let cool.
Slice the polenta and grill, using a grillpan.
Mushroom in a tomato sauce
- 1 onion
- green or brown lentils, cooked
- soy sauce
- Chop onion, and saute in a little oil
- Add mushrooms. Saute for a little longer and adding soy sauce.
- Add tomatopaste
- Add lentils and soy creamer(2 dl)
- Flavor with salt and pepper
My excuses for not giving exact measurements. But as most of the times, I forgot to write them down.
Every winter I challenge myself to a new recipe with brussels sprouts. And as always I like my fast and easy to prepare:
Butterfly pasta with Teriyaki Brussels Sprouts in the wok
- Clean the sprouts and cut them finely.
- Steam them for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta until tender.
- Sauté faux ‘beef’ strips * in the wok.
- Remove the strips from the wok.
- Then stir-fry the sprouts with Teriyaki herbs *
- Add 2 tbsp. soy sauce.
- Add the pasta and strips.
- Mix well and stir-fry for 1 min more.
- For the strips you can you use the one from the brand Fry’s or in Belgium Eger. You find them in the freezer at Colruyt.
- Teriyaki spices are a blend of Japanes spices.